Do you have children that would love to explore their creativity? Or, perhaps you have a child that needs a little help in focusing and attention span?
Today’s world is full of distractions and constant ‘go, go, go’, that kids need help in learning how-to stop, look, listen and be aware of their surroundings, and connect with others.
Photography Classes for Children
Photography is capturing light and moments in which the photographer needs to be aware, think differently, and be present. It’s also a wonderful outlet for building creativity and ‘outside the box’ thinking. The images on this page are from class we taught two years ago – all the kids had little to no experience with photography before our class.
As photographers, we’ve been helping capture moments for families, and we wish to expand that by helping the next generation of photographers start on the right foot. That means photography being less about a social media post, and more about expression, originality, and connection to the moment in the here-and-now.
We’re offering three different sessions (be sure to scroll to the bottom for a special discount code!) in which your children – and you, if you want – can learn the basics of photography:
-F-stops, Aperture and ISO settings
-The difference between Auto, Manual, Shutter speed priority and Aperture priority
-Using available light and using reflectors or diffusers
-Connecting with your subject
We’ll be going over several different styles of photography:
All classes are for ages 10 years old and up, and parents are welcome to join in on the fun at no extra cost!
The three different children’s photography sessions are:
Winter Break Photography Camp:
2-hour classes for ages 10 and up, December 21st – 23rd, 28th – 30th.
All at Laguna Niguel Regional Park, starting at 10 am – noon.
20 spots available.
Includes an 8×12 print, and a s’mores party on the last day!
$329 per child. http://bit.ly/ocphotocamp
Or start in January or February for a 1-day a week, 6-week course for ages 10 and up. $299 for either the January start or February start date.
6-week photography course for children 10 and up. One new concept per week and different, fun activities each week! Does not include transportation – you must meet us at the location determined. Each week is in a new location around Aliso Viejo/Laguna Niguel.
You can repeat the course. Each class is a 1 ½ hours long. Days and times available – you choose the day and time that works best for you – select when you click the session above:
Tuesdays 3:30 – 5 pm
Wednesdays 1 – 2:30 pm
Thursdays 3:30 – 5 pm
Saturdays 9 – 10:30 am
And here’s that special discount code: FIRST10 For the first 10 families that sign-up, you can take 20% off of the class prices when you apply this code – FIRST10 – and it applies for each child in your family that signs-up! But, it’s only for the first 10, so be sure to sign-up early.
Basic questions you may be asking:
1. Do I need a manual mode camera? It would be best to have a manual mode camera – one in which you can manually change the aperture and shutter speed, but it’s not mandatory. We’ll be focusing more on technique and the art of photography than on the technical side. However, if you have a manual mode camera, that’s great! We will be going over everything on manual mode, and will be there to help you out.
2. Why don’t you allow children 9 and under? It’s more about maturity for the class – being able to pay attention for a certain amount of time, and then following directions on your own, with a little help/guidance from us. If you think your child is mature enough, feel free to contact Rachel to see if we can make an exception: 949-427-5171
3. Is there a sibling discount? Yes, but it will be less of a discount than the first 10 that sign-up. Once the first 10 are signed-up, we’ll share the sibling code.
4. Where will the classes be held? Most likely at the Laguna Niguel Regional Park, however, for some we may go to Wood Canyon in Aliso Viejo – it will depend on the students and their interests.
5. Who will be teaching? Nirzhar and I, Rachel Pradhan, will be teaching and guiding the kids and parents. Nirzhar has been a professional photographer for over 6 years, and I have loved photography since I was a kid! We have owned Pradhan Studios Photography together for three years, and we’re parents of two boys, ages 12 and 15 years old.
Questions about Aliso Viejo Children’s Photography Classes?
Contact Rachel with any questions you may have about the classes or the winter camp: 949-427-5171